Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On Being Kind

“Be kinder than necessary, 
for everyone you meet is fighting 
some kind of battle.” 
― T.H. Thompson and John Watson

I have a friend and colleague who writes a blog for her friends.  She has disciplined (committed and supported) herself to do a piece of verse everyday as her morning prayer/meditation.  She sent this along to us, an invitation to 'be kinder'  and this includes to ourselves.

I'm fighting a cold today.  I succumbed to it by the stress I put on myself over the weekend.  I wasn't even aware of it until I woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe , my sinuses were so clogged.  For me, getting a cold is always connected to stress of some sort.  I have come to the awareness nearly everyone has a pet 'illness' that visits them when they get too far out of balance.  We get out of balance when we stop being kind to ourselves--which most likely means we have also not been kind to others at the same time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator