Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stepping Into the River of Now: Icy, Fast, Rocky, and Slippery

I haven't posted recently, but that doesn't doesn't mean I have been slacking off or avoiding my commitment for this moon cycle.  I do feel like I've stepped into a fast-flowing river for which I am ill-prepared to navigate. That said, I'm actually relieved to be exploring my Financial Element/Financial Life.



 
When I wrote an introduction about the Financial Element for the Circle of Self  Program I
commented on the underlying issue surrounding 'money troubles': an, often deep, undercurrent of
imbalance in the lives of those of us who struggle with our financial lives.  Inevitably this personal
imbalance creeps into one's relationships with others, with our work lives, our social lives, as well
as how we feel about ourselves.

I felt so overwhelmed when I started to journal about my life with money, I resisted reading the
worksheets for the Financial Element from the  Circle of Self Website. I did continue reading
Brent Kessel's book, It's Not About the Money, which I had started reading during the Christmas
holidays. The book gave me courage to (continuing my metaphor of with the river) go from putting
my toe in the water, to stepping fullyinto the river. 

When money is abundant, it is amazing how long it is possible to put off dealing with 'THE TRUTH'.
I am discovering that 'THE TRUTH' is really more like a lot of little truths.  Thankfully, little truths
have solutions which can be remedied in little, carefully chosen steps. 

As this is the one Element I have never truthfully faced-I am treating myself as a rookie and working
quite straightfowardly with the Circle of Self tools.  I completed a Safe Place Visualization
and am creating Wisdom Council specific for my Financial Element.  I'm in the process of completing
my 6C's worksheet.  (Find the forms on the Circle of Self Website)
I've also enlisted some professional support.  Finally, a small group of other co-strugglers have
agreed to gather several times a month and forge this river together.

My posts in the coming days and weeks will detail how I am using the Circle of Self Process and
integrating other tools I find along the way as I grow, mature and balance my Financial Self.  I know
I will not drown, though I am allowing for a few slips and a dunking or two.   This process feels
like a well-constructed life vest.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator