Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Baby Bird Lessons Day Two

The next day, in the early morning hours.  I carry my writing tools out to the back deck, and prepare to sit for my Morning Prayer and contemplation. This is my last day at Sara’s ranch,the last day of my writing retreat.  I sit in the lawn chair facing east, watching the sun begin to rise.  I’m dive bombed by mother swallow.  Looking up at the rafters, I see one small chick, pressed against the outside of her nest.  I can’t tell if this is one from yesterday, or a latecomer fledgling.  Either could be me!  This mother has the patience and faith of Job.  Both mother and chick are models for me. They reflect two parts of my multifaceted self.  This morning I sit with another example of how nature serves as our teacher, and as a mirror for our path and our growth.  I am patient and faith-filled mother swallow.  I am reluctant chick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator