Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

New and Waxing Moon information for May 2011

NOTE:  I inadvertantly wrote this blog posting under my original blog, which does not post publicly.  Being confused as to why my post was not showing up on the circle of self muse blog, I finally had time to dig a little deeper.  Looks like the trickster was at work-again!  So, here is the blog posting for the new moon of May 2011.  It's still relevant as we move through the days and nights of the waxing moon

Tuesday, May 3, 2011
May 3--It's the new moon day/night!
May Moon This is the last of the moons for the season of spring. May invites us to work specifically with the Collective Aspect in the Element of Home. Maybe it is time for Spring Cleaning-not only in your physical home, but in your internal home. (Have you ever noticed that a person’s physical home is so often an outer manifestation of their perception of their inner self?) May moon is a great cycle to work with the Element of Mind in the Personal Aspect. In In this sense, the moon cycle for May invites us to listen to ourselves first-our inner voice, out out-loud voice (Is it whiney, seductive, open-hearted, compassionate, does it change depending on who we are speaking to?) Learn to listen from the metaphor of a ‘blank slate’ and in this sense, the color reflecting the May moon is obsidian or black. In deep blackness, there is no influence to what we hear-other than ourselves. The Celtic medicine wheel invites us to have compassion for ourselves during this cycle. Jamie Sam’ book, The Thirteen Indigenous Clan Mothers, ‘Listening Woman’ is the clan mother for this moon cycle. (see resources) We must know how to really hear ourselves above all the din and distraction of ruminating thoughts, worries, unfounded fears etc. All this takes practice, and having enough compassion for ourselves to keep re-committing to the practice of listening.

Listening, to oneself: what is it that I am REALLY saying? to myself? to others? What are others are saying. There are so many levels of communication. What would I need to change in my life to develop the skill of discernment and use it in my abilities to listen? Listen to what is really being said, listen to my intuition, listen to my conscience, listen to the voice of the Creator, and listen for the real NEED underneath the WANT, from myself and from those with who I am in relationship. Am I willing to listen, am I willing to hear and am I willing to take action on what I hear? Can I discern the differences in the voices of my ego, my spiritual essence and Divine voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator