Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Routive Versus Living in the Present Moment

I woke up the day before yesterday with the thought"Oh My God, the blog!" I seemed to have lost an entire month.  Traveling to the far reaches of both sides of our country in a four week time span can do that to a person-I guess.  This is a good review of 'being in present timet' for me-I remember again how much routine can substitute for living in the present moment.  OF course, it took me a day and a half to work through resistance and false guilt and remnants of school-girl shaming to open up the computer and click on the blogspot.  I have compassion for other peoples struggles and I learn more about patience and perception everyday.  AND, I am learning about the difference between honoring right-timing and excuses.

It is easy to say there are no easy answers, yet there is sometimes an easy answer-just 'do it'.  It's just that it's not so easy to 'do it'. Every time we re-member, re-connect with body, emotions, mind (thoughts), spirit and soul we are as complete as we can be in the moment. We have RE-membered ourselves.  put all the parts (members) together into our wholeness.  The meaning of the saying 'the parts are bigger than the whole' becomes clear.  Really connecting with the whole of the Self: we are bigger, more capable, more able to respond, more aware. I have experienced that sensation for myself, and I have witnessed it on numerous occasions with those I have worked with.  That sensation can feel too much to contain.  We forget we do not contain it alone, but as a part (a member) of something bigger.  I will write about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator