Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Full Moon of Spring March 8th. Are you ready to birth your renewed self?

The first full moon of Spring is this Thursday March 8th. 

More births seem to happen on the full moon than any other time of the month.  I'm not sure if that is true, and if anyone know, please share!  What is ready to be birthed in your life?

With the warm winter we have had, all the plants and trees have buds which look pregnant and posed to pop fully open at any moment.  They are ahead of their natural cycle.  Have they been influenced more by the weather than their genetics?  My neighbor and I were examining the tender shoots yesterday and she wondered to me if there was still a risk of a killing frost.  I'm not savvy enough about plants to know, but I hope not.

What do pregnant buds have to do with us?  Well, it got me to thinking about how like pregnancy, we sometimes,have parts of our lives which have their own timeline.  Influenced by things outside our control, wishes and plans...when the time is at hand for birthing (or budding) it happens.  We may have done everything required to be ABLE and READY for a pending birth.  But are we WILLING to fully embrace it? 

Another reason I'm reflecting on buds popping and birthing:
Next week is the official launch of the renewed Circle of Self website.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator