Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

WAXING in the September Moon: Vision becomes Action. Purpose become Practice


I want to share my experience of moving from the recent blue moon cycle into the current cycle, as I think it speaks to what happens when we shift from the place of having a vision of what’s possible and into the action of creating what’s possible.
My experiences are showing me the value of remembering and renewing the vision I hold for my life (AKA life purpose) so I can finally bring that vision into substance!  I do believe there comes a time when it is necessary to turn our Vision of Purpose into Acting on Purpose.  This is what I am experiencing as I work with the flow and force of the September moon cycle. 
In moving from the blue moon cycle and into the moon cycle for September, I reflected on the clan mother names referred to in Jamie Sams’ book The Thirteen Original Clan Mothers (see resources above). I worked with these cycles using the clan mothers as teaching and inspirational guides.  I worked with ‘Becomes Her Vision’ as representative of the blue moon cycle and ‘Setting Sun Woman’ as the clan mother for this September moon cycle.  During the Blue Moon, I repeatedly experienced visions of my purpose from many different angles. Beginning the September Moon, I experienced in my body, my feelings, my thoughts and spiritual awareness the process of what it takes to LIVE and ACT my purpose!  Even coming down with sinus infection and doing lots of traveling have not been enough to derail my focus. 
Sams writes of the Clan Mother for September as the ‘keeper of tomorrow’s goals and dreams’.  (pgs. 185-186) Through working with the power of the Will, we are able to bring about the changes necessary to bring our purpose into being through acting with integrity and discipline.  Both integrity and discipline work in alignment with right use of ‘will’. In my training as a Core Energetic Therapist I studied the areas along the spine which are referred to as ‘will centers’.  Areas of tightness or rigidity verses flexibility and mobility can correspond to a person’s relationship with their own ‘will’, other people’s ‘will’ and Divine Will. Through the course of growing into a mature Human-being, we seek to align our own will with Divine Will and not spend our life bent under other’s will.
I had numerous opportunities to step into and out of integrity over the past moon cycle, to act on my own petty will or collapse under the pressure of the other’s will.  Mostly I think did pretty well, though in reading through my Daily Review (Daily Review Instructions) I am aware of how I could have done better and note.  I’m not going to give details here, just want to share how I was surprised by the clarity I saw of my shadow and integrity sides of my behaviors during the blue moon cycle as truly an opportunity to become my vision. A month of these kinds of experiences really prepared me for the onset of this current moon cycle.  I feel so blessed. Despite plenty of opportunity to derail myself, I am using the gentle, yet forceful nature of this moon’s flow to align my own will with that of Divine Will.  The practice of Daily Review  (Daily Review Instruction) is a powerful tool to aid in developing this skill/way of being and doing.  I recommend it for anyone struggling to make a change in their life.
At the end of the October moon cycle, which has as her Clan Mother ‘Weaves the Web’, I will divulge what my ‘Living In Action’ is about!  In the meantime, I prepare for Sunday’s full moon by offering gratitude for how through humbly continuing to align my will with Divine Will (and it is often very humbling) and with the support of community and with gentle, firm self-discipline I am becoming my vision by my daily, moment by moment actions.

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts on aligning will have inspired some new thoughts on discipline: http://cowgirlzen.com/integrity-in-work-clothes/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator