Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Taking Time for Presence=Path to Balance


As I move through the waning phase of this 11th moon cycle, I find myself becoming more aware of a pull toward quiet time with just myself; no distractions, no cell phone, not even a knitting project to distract me.  I am longing for some time to reconnect with myself – my deep within myself SELF.  I would call this SELF the ‘me’ which springs from the place of the inner soul on the circle of self map. From this place all the Aspects and Elements receive my attention and care. When I don’t give this SELF adequate attention, balance in the rest of my life falls off-or falls apart.  The story of Walks Tall Women relates the need for women to take time for silence and retreat on a regular basis.  It’s good to have this reminder as we enter the time before the holiday crush. 

In my spiritual practice, I honor the keeping of the Advent ritual, also reminding us to be still, to reflect, and also to stay awake, not unlike time spent in vision questing.   While I may not be able to fit in 4 days and 4 nights as I would questing.  I can find four hours this week to just be with myself.  From this place of being, I can begin to see the places where I am not at ease with my life.  I can face my self-judgments and I can allow the inner order coming from Divine Direction through my Soul to manifest more clearly.  Using the image of the Circle of Self Map as a focal point, I invite the best rhythm and balance for my life to become an ongoing presence in my life.
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator