Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Starting the New Year Allowing Mistakes

Today, I finally got around to finishing the holiday greeting I wanted to send out from my Constant Contact account.  It took me a while. Over the course of six weeks, my holiday wishes changed from an advent-oriented greeting to a winter solstice wish, to a New Years Eve encouragement and then finally a post-New Year's Day greeting.  I struggled with procrastination and perfectionism for weeks! I know I'm not alone in this kind of struggle.  I have a lot of compassion for those who struggle this way.  It is a common theme with many who come to me for support and guidance.  I don't want to say or do 'something wrong'.  I don't want to make a mistake that would adversely effect myself or anyone else.  I want to be sure what I do is 'good enough', won't be taken the wrong way, seem arrogant or ignorant.  So I struggle to get things done. 

A wise person told me: "Remember, that all mistakes are the source of growth.  Struggle is something different:  it is resistance to making a mistake-resistance to guidance from our Higher Power.  But even struggling is grounds for growth when the struggling stops." 

Mistakes are miss-takes.  Can I give myself permission to need a couple of  'takes' to get where I want to go, do what I want to do. become who I want to become? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator