Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Rhythms and the Return of Discipline

I've taken a ten day hiatus from blogging.  Not consciously on purpose, but rather by getting off track from my focused priorities, from slipping out of the rhythm I had been nicely flowing in for the past two months. 

Traveling can shift us out of our rhythm; so can holidays, or crises. But mostly, we get out of our rhythms by taking our attention off our priorities.  At least that is how I do it. Hind-sight allows for good analysis of what is going on under the surface of slipping out of focus for me. I'm starting to see the results of my focused intention and behaviors. Goals are coming into sight-with good probabilities of coming to fruition.  Change is happening faster than planned.  My beliefs about myself are shifting. I've come up against another cycle of being called to look myself in my heart and in my soul and my mind and see where I need to make more changes, come to a deeper level of honesty and give up more bad habits.  I saw how I gradually let go my exercise routine, went on a sugar binge (%$*&>!# candy corn!), started sleeping in too long so I missed my morning writing time.

I'm traveling tomorrow.  I could take this as another excuse to stay out of rhythm and commitment. I'm off to my sister's for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I'm fortunate because she's the kind of sister who will give me a little nudge and walk beside me for a few steps and I'll be back in my rhythm in no time!

Blessings and gratitude to you all;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator