Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The blessing of welcoming women

Today was a day surrounded by women!  My life has transitioned from a lot of alone time to being surrounded by all kinds of women. Beginning at 7 with an early morning meeting surrounded by six women, solving problems, sharing stories.  Two phone calls, a friend and a sister entertained me on my way to breakfast with a new writer friend.  Both the breakfast and the conversation nourished me well.  This would have been enough for the day, but the blessings of women just kept flowing. 

When I arrived home, my daughter was there waiting; a quick trip home from college, coming to get some counsel, hugs and of course a little money!  A few sessions with women clients who honor me in sharing their journeys with me, off to see my spiritual director who is helping me write my spiritual life/  Then Pilate's class with a good friend and two caring teachers, and dinner with a friend.  I get home and here are emails waiting to be read, from women I love.  What a rare day to have so many women touch my life in one day and me touch their lives. I am so grateful, feel so blessed. 

There is a change in me, I think, that has brought more women into my life-or invited the women in my life to come closer.  A good part of it has to do with my intention to make myself available for connection.  Another is developing a willingness to reach out of my comfort zone and ask for connection, and invite connection.  I am also more willing to ask for help, which invites connection.  There is something special about gathering women together.  Wisdom starts to flow when we connect with one another, and ideas too.  That happened today, I'm satisfied, but I do want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator