Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

A day for gratitude times three


Three things were really special about today.

Today I spent the entire day painting for people I love-just because I love them.  Do you know how good it feels to do something totally out of love-regardless that the work was hard, the day long, and my neck and shoulder muscles ache.  I am happy, happy , happy.

Today I learned an important thing about the use of breath:  How to use breath to focus and refine movement.  I was given the job of edging up against the baseboards and the ceilings.  I found if I used my out-breath with the movement of the brush, my paint lines were smooth and even.  Nice to be able to do a good job painting. Even better to have new knowledge for working with the breath. 

AND today I can hold the paintbrush with a steady hand.  The joy of having steady hands again is nearly overwhelming.  Perhaps I’m a little melodramatic, but I have so much gratitude for this gift.  Steady hands, steady life.  This, the result of integrity, commitment, discipline and God.
Truly a day for gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator