Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Learning to Read Between the LInes of Life

Right now I'm wearing glasses which invite me to 'read between the lines' at the same time I am aware of integrity and discipline and how I am doing with my WILL.
I recognize it is the little things that keep us from sabotaging our self.  I think of what one of the circle members shared about discipline being 'intergity in work clothes'.  Getting out of bed when it was dark and rainy and foggy and the night before it had been a very late night before getting to bed.  It took some time to get to sleep, trying to get the movie we had watched cleared from my mind. All this made the desire to hunker down under the covers even more seductive.  I got up anyway, an outer expression of my commitment to pray and write every morning.  This commitment will lead to discipline.  This praying and writing helps me more and more with clarity about where I am on my integrity meter. A bit like having my own 'fact chcker'!

Why do I do this; commit to a practice of getting up in the dark? Why is it different this time from the times I've committed before? Can I keep it going this time? Will this become a discipline? Will I continue to be 'teachable' as is the meaning of the root of the word?

These are the thoughts that come out of reading between the lines.  I am not alone, I have God's Will to hold my hand along the way if I choose to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator