Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This morning’s word is ‘faithful’


The morning star greets me as I open the back door to let Molly the dog out at 5:30 before I sit to pray and write. I hear the word ‘faithful’ in my head. The morning star is faithful: constant, true andsteadfast. She is there in the eastern sky every morning. She was there last month in New Mexico, and last week in Phoenix. Regardless of cloud cover, fog and rain, every morning for the past month, wherever I have been, she found a way to make herself known to me, inspire me.
Faithful is also the word used to describe a community of believers, a person who chooses not to cheat on their lover, partner or spouse. I ask myself, "How shall I be faithful and to whom?"  ‘To thine own self be true.’ I am reminded of my writing on the use of will and about the will centers.  As I sit and write in the early morning light I ponder the need to be faithful to myself, first and from that place ofintegrity I am more able to be faithful to the will of God/Great Spirit.  I am able to anchor myself in the midst of any amount of chaos and change, to God/Great Spirit to the purpose of my being.  Like the faithful morning star, my faithful morning practice helps orient my life so I more easily be in the ebb and flow of life, as also shown me-faithfully-by the moon’s cycles and rhythms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator