Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Intuition and Transparency

I feel as though I am playing a game of connect the dots!  Tonight I went to a cocktail hour business lecture in Chicago.  The speaker was Therese Rowley, the author of a new book "Mapping a New Reality: Discovering Intuitive Intelligence".  The forward is written by Caroline Myss, a mentor and one of the chairs on my dissertation committee.  Therese   spoke on Intuitive Intelligence in the business world. Therese is an intuitive reader and psychic medium with a MBA from Northwestern (a pretty well respected business school).  The evening started out with the sponsors introducing their businesses: insurance and financial planning.  Both are well known in the northern suburbs and the insurance company is an internationally known company.  Both men talked briefly about having value-based businesses and about the need for transparency in the work place for clients as well as employees.  Then Therese stepped in and spoke about the same themes introducing the need for intuitive skills as a vital support for developing a value based business and for creating true transparency in your work. 

I'm summarizing her lecture in a few sentences:  Intuition is a type of intelligence.  It develops by practice and use, same as any skill.  The way your intuition will manifest depends on your life purpose (IE-some might communicate with dead people, some might see past lives, some will know how to find lost things and people, some will see illnesses, some will get information on the future etc.).  A person can not have intuition if under the influence of fear or if they have an agenda or ulterior motive. Developing and honoring your intuition is necessary if we want to have transparency in our lives.  I thought it was serendipitous to have transparency come up tonight and used in connection with business, and I saw an image of a triangle appear in my minds eye during her lecture (the presidential debate, last nights round table and tonight's lecture).   I am the common denominator in bringing these three experiences together-there is some information or awareness for me, but I don't know what I don't know about that, yet.

So, I will invite intuition to help me know.  I'm going to use a few intuitive supports Therese suggested and I'm sharing them with you,as they are simple and VERY effective.
1. Be still.  Stay still.  Stop what you are doing and listen whenever you have a strange feeling, a hit, goose bumps, or get a thought such as 'I wonder...'.  We have to pay attentention and listen to hear our intuition.
2. Focus on your third eye area, which is in the middle of your head, not your forehead.  Straightdown from the top and middle of your head and behind the eyes.  Focus from that space.  Breathe from that space.  This has an immediate calming effect and you can, with even a small amount of practice you will notice more clarity.

Off to bed with an intention to know how all this fits together for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator