Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

I find myself infatuated with 'I' words

Last night I went to bed intending to dream about the triangle I had seen in my mind's eye at lasts nights lecture.  And I did dream about the triangle. I just didn't expect the awareness with which I woke. I woke with the image of a chalk board with a column of 'I' words and at the bottom of the list was the phrase:  It is all about 'I'.
Intuition
Inspiration
Integrity
Intentional
Intelligence
I added this one: Infatuated, because I could not stop thinking about how these words all began with the prefix 'in' and how this prefix could mean the actual word 'in'  as in inside me, within me.  I was thinking 'what is the meaning of "It's all about 'I'".  I could only think 'It's all about me'.  All of these words are about what goes on inside of 'me'. and also very much reflect the 'I' that I am. 

Over that past few weeks, I have been blogging about the importance of integrity and being intentional.  I continually work with my intuition, sometimes more consciously than at other times.  And certainly, I hope my words and actions inspire others in a good way.  Bottom line:  It is all about 'I'--about Me.  I must connect with myself and be inside myself before I can connect with others and be healthfully outside of myself, or I am likely to make a big mess of things in my life. 

As a confirmation of this line of thinking I came across this quote on a website where I was signing up for a seminar:

"Individuation:  Jung said that we are not really 'individuals'but 'dividuals', persons divided within ourselves. We say one thing and do another; we set goals and we sabotage our own success; we desire happiness and experience frustration. All of these situations are indications of our inner division.",  Dr.Kenneth James at The Soulwork Center, Chicago  the soulwork center.

Another 'I' word for my list!

Tomorrow I am going to tackle the I am words:
Imperfect
Immediate
Impartial
Impatient
Impractical

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator