Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

The full moon speaks her piece!


My alarm went off this morning to the misty grayness of early October fog.  I was tempted to roll over and go back to sleep, but notice the glow seeping under the door to my bedroom.  I rolled out of bed thinking someone had left the hall light on overnight. It was the moon, bright and intense.  In contrast to the eastern sky and its’ dark foggy clouds, the moon was hanging out in the western sky, appearing very much like a whole note suspended between thin, cloud-lines forming a stanza. But, I didn’t hear music; I heard “read between the lines”. 

Hmmm. Advice to begin the work of the waning moon.  What does that mean? Was the message just for me? For my clients? For Circle of Self® members?  What does that really mean “read between the lines”?  My experience of that phrase when someone uses it on me is that what I am hearing or reading is not a truth, not real? But I was hearing these words in my moon-mediation.   I focused on the space between lines, where the moon floated.  I felt like I’d put blinders on and was trying to see what is in the ‘emptiness’ of the space.  Key in on the details, look at all the inferences, what seems out of place.

I took a long view, seeing the wholeness of the stanza and how small the moon looked relative to the odd, cloud-lines.  She didn’t say ‘get the big picture’.  But I thought this larger view might help me see what actually was between the lines.  I saw wholeness and detail.  The metaphor and lesson existed in the detail as well as in the whole of the stanza painted sky.  As I watched and pondered, the cloud-lines grew fuzzy, eventually fading into one another.  Eventually picking up some pink from the dawn sky, and the moon drifted down below them and into the trees.  For now, I’ve decided to remind myself to “read between the lines” several times a day until the moon finishes her waning phase and see what comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are being reviewed by moderator